Our Lake Pedder Kayak Adventure can be best described as purchasing a VIP backstage pass to our local region. This is a must do day trip which combines breathtaking Tasmanian scenery, local guides, world-class produce with jaw-dropping mountain views.
Be immersed in Tasmania’s UNESCO World Heritage Listed Wilderness. Explore Lake Pedder’s amber waters, secret quartzite beaches, the history of the region and sight some of Tasmania’s unique flora & fauna. The Lake Pedder Kayak Tour is perfect for the first-timers as well as families and guests wanting to explore our spectacular Tasmanian wilderness. Tour includes morning tea, lunch and refreshments prepared by local and in season and world famous Tasmanian Produce. Participants can also swim on a remote white quartzite beach in the warmer months.
Location: Ted’s Beach, TAS
Product code: LAKE
- 2-hour guided kayak tour of Lake Pedder.
- Professional guide & safety demonstration
- Super stable deluxe Hobie kayaks – Tandem Kayaks are also available for small children or unconfident guests.
- Local picnic style lunch, morning tea and refreshments
- Photos of the day
- Pick up and drop off from Possum Shed Cafe (an hour’s drive from Hobart) at 8 am or 9:30 am from Pedder Wilderness Lodge OR Pick up from Pedder Wilderness Lodge Reception.
- Short stop/walk at Camp Florentine. Stand among the tallest flowering plants in the world and learn about the longest environmental blockade in Australia’s history (for participants joining us from Westerway).
Joining us from Westerway? The tour duration is approximately 6 hours to take in the travel time and short stop at the Florentine Valley on return.
Joining us from Pedder Wilderness Lodge? The tour duration is approximately 3 hours.